The first edition of the European planning and installation guideline for wall cladding and roof covering work using sandwich panels has now been published. Double skin metal faced sandwich panels with an insulating core of polyurethane or mineral wool, with through-fixing or hidden fixing system, are covered by this guideline.
The document “Rules for Good Practice” explains the terminology for metal building structure and envelope and provides instructions and practical information on:
- planning and preparation of the works for wall cladding and roof covering
- materials to be used (sandwich panels, sealants and gaskets, fasteners and their accessories, flashings)
- execution of construction work, including conditions for the panel supporting structure, storage and handling of sandwich panels
- maintenance and repairs
- assessment of the appearance of a façade
- classification of premises depending on the humidity level
- classification of interior environments and exterior atmospheres.
Figures and drawings show examples of good practice for the installation of sandwich panels and ancillary items at specific points of the building.